1) PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
Chichester Cinema at New Park Limited (“the Company”) is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you. Using personal information allows us to develop a better understanding of our patrons and in turn to provide you with relevant and timely information about the work that we do - both inside and outside the Cinema. As a charity, it also helps us to engage with potential donors and supporters.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how we collect and use the information we collect from you directly and from third parties.
We use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information. This policy explains:
1. The purpose of this policy
2. What information we collect
3. How we keep your data secure
4. How we will use your data
5. Photography and filming
6. Website cookies and third party data processing services
7. Maintaining your personal information
8. Subject access requests and the right to be forgotten
9. Contact details and further information
No information will be shared more widely than is set out below unless it is required by law. The Data Protection Officer is the Cinema Director.
2) WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us
You give us your personal information when you buy a ticket in person, on the phone or online. You also give us your information when you sign up to our mailing or e-mail list, make a donation, join our membership scheme or communicate with us.
We will store personal information you provide including name, address, telephone number and email address. We will also store a record of your purchases and donations.
Information about your interactions with us
We will keep a record of emails we send you and we may track whether you receive or open them, which links you have clicked on and whether you have made a subsequent purchase online.
When you visit our website, we may analyse how you interact with our content.
Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive such as health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not usually collect this type of information about our patrons unless there is a clear reason for doing so.
3) HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE
Your personal data will be held on the Cinema’s system or on systems managed by suppliers on behalf of the Company.
All details provided when purchasing tickets including personal details and purchase history are held by us. Access to such information is strictly controlled and only accessed by people who need it to do their job.
4) HOW WE WILL USE YOUR DATA
Communication about events you are attending
We will contact you by email or telephone with any essential information regarding any event you have purchased tickets for e.g. cancellations, timings, reschedules etc. and to collect feedback following the event under the fulfilment of contract basis.
If you do not provide us with your personal information when purchasing your ticket, we will not be able to contact you regarding any changes to your event.
If we run an event in partnership with another named organisation your details may need to be shared in order that they can help us run the event.
When you sign up to our Friends scheme, we will contact you by email or post with information about your membership and benefits of becoming a Friend - for example renewal information, film releases and invitations to events under the fulfilment of contract basis.
We want to communicate with you about the programmes and activities we provide in a way that is relevant and reasonable. To do this, we use data we have stored about you such as contact details, previous purchases and preferences. We will provide you with information on forthcoming events, offers and our fundraising efforts where appropriate.
When you first give us your details, you have the opportunity to sign up for emails from the Cinema. If you give your consent but then change your mind at any time, you can let us know you would like to opt-out.
• In the case of postal communication about our events and services, you can choose to not receive these at any time by using the contact details at the end of this policy.
• In the case of email communication about our events and services, we will provide you with an option to unsubscribe in every email that we subsequently send you, or you can alternatively use the contact details at the end of this policy.
• In the case of fundraising communications by post and email, you can choose to not receive these at any time by using the contact details at the end of this policy or by unsubscribing in any fundraising email that we send you or by using the contact details at the end of this policy.
If we already hold your details
If we already hold your contact details and you are currently opted in to receive marketing communications from us, we will continue to contact you using our legitimate organisational interest until we are able to update your consent preferences or hear from you to the contrary.
• In the case of postal communication about our events, services and fundraising activities, we will continue to contact you under legitimate interest as you will have opted-in to receive postal mail from us. You can choose to not receive these at any time by using the contact details at the end of this policy.
• In the case of email communication about our events and services, we will continue to contact you under legitimate interest (soft-opt in) if you have opted-in to receive emails from us. We will provide you with an option to unsubscribe in every email that we subsequently send you, or you can alternatively use the contact details at the end of this policy.
Debit and credit card information
If you use your credit or debit card to purchase from us or to make a donation at the Box Office or over the telephone, we will ensure that this is carried out securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). We do not store card details after the transaction is complete and we do not keep credit card records.
5) PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMING
From time to time the Company may take photographs or record events or activities. These are used for marketing purposes, to document our work and to report to our funders. All images are stored securely. Whenever photography or filming is taking place we ensure clear signage is placed in appropriate areas. At any time, you can ask the photographer or a member of staff not to be included in the photographs.
New Park Centre operates a CCTV system for the safety and security of people, both visitors and staff, museum exhibits, property and buildings. It may be used to investigate security incidents in order to obtain evidence, should such incidents occur. You may, at any time, request access to footage that features you. Requests must be made in writing to the Centre Director.
6) WEBSITE COOKIES AND THIRD PARTY/DATA PROCESSING SERVICES
You can prevent the action of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of the website and may result in the disabling of certain features and functionality.
We may use third party and data processing services to collect standard Internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. If you would like more information on the cookies used, the data stored and their purpose (e.g. by Facebook Pixel, Universal Analytics, SSL), please contact the Cinema Director.
7) MAINTAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store your personal information so that for any subsequent purchases you make, we are able to link them back to a single unique record that we hold for you on our system. If there are aspects of your record that are inaccurate or that you would like to remove, please use the contact details at the end of this policy.
Any objections you make to any processing of your data will be stored against your record on our system so that we can comply with your requests.
8) SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS AND THE RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may at any time request a copy of the information we hold on you by contacting us or ask for rectification of inaccurate personal details. You can also request the erasure of your personal data in any of the specific circumstances set out in Article 17 of the GDPR. Please use the contact details at the end of this policy if you would like to exercise this right.
9) CONTACT DETAILS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Chichester Cinema at New Park
New Park Road
West Sussex PO19 7XY
By phone on 01243790235 (Administration Office) or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Officer is Walter Francisco, Cinema Director.
We may review and update this Private Policy.
NB All references to the Company refer to Chichester Cinema at New Park Limited.
Chichester Cinema at New Park is a registered charity in England and Wales (1099780).
A company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales (4445002).
Registered address: C/O Blue Spire Limited Cawley Priory, South Pallant, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom, PO19 1SY